Rice and Beans for Two

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Stuff on my Cat

My granddaughter, Elektra, LOVES Sasha, my cat (OK, officially he is Maria's cat). When Elektra came to spend the week-end with us for the first time she was 19 months old and didn't know who we were. I knew everything was going to be OK, however, when the first word out of her mouth when I went to her room to get her that first morning was, "Sasha."

He lets her hug him, kiss him, bite him (this is not too injurious to him because all she ends up with is a mouthful of fur), twist his head in all directions as she is loving him, pull out chunks of his fur and hold onto his tail. He's not too crazy about the tail holding so he will try to get away, thus the tail holding quickly becomes tail pulling as he is making a dash for it. Elektra has not quite grasped the concept that tail pulling is not fun for the cat. She makes reference to it several times a day, "I pull tail." as she smiles and demonstrates with her hand in a fist as she jerks it above her head.

She has discovered laying on him, which she enjoys and Sasha will tolerate for all of 10 seconds before he decides he needs to be somewhere else. Luckily I had my phone with me and was able to take a quick snapshot before he bolted.

1 Comments:

At 11:58 AM, Blogger carmen said...

it's amazing that he even tolerates that at all!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home