Rice and Beans for Two

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gifts from Sweden




Our Blog friends Linda, Stefan, Olivia and Isak sent us wonderful gifts from their land for God Jul, or Christmas. We are so lucky to have great friends who think of us. I got 4 handmade straw mountain goats that I will make into Christmas tree ornaments so I can remember them every year as I decorate my tree. Zach got a fabulous blue onesie with black stars, that looks adorable, I can't wait to see him in it. Carmen got handsome kitchen towels and Jase got a cool melting bead kit which we have already put together.

Everyone got bags and bags of delicious Swedish candy.

It was all delicious except for some black bits of sour/salty licorice that doesn't taste like licorice and doesn't even taste like candy at all. We thought it was a bad joke on us but we looked it up on the Internet and saw this candy is loved by many in Europe. What a memorable occasion, all the wonderful gifts we will treasure for a long time.

1 Comments:

At 5:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha! Im not surpriced that you didnt like the licorice candy. But that kind of candy is just what swedes that lives in US misses the most! I love it but the kids doesnt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home