Rice and Beans for Two

Sunday, January 28, 2007

New Hooters in Town





Dad and I stumbled onto a new Hooters, the corner of Hwy 316 and GA 120. Amanda took good care of us, she was a cheerful waitress and made us feel like old friends. I love the lit up palm trees in the front, looks real cool at night. We've been twice, already, the second time we rode there on our motorcycles. Dad is wearing a t-shirt sent to him from Spain, it says, "I speak like my grandfather spoke." in a Spanish dialect that we don't understand, "Falo como falaba'l mio Guelu."

4 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, Hooters I´ve heard of. I dont know if I like the idea thou... Big breasted girls and all that. In sweden it would be a big "no, no" to open a restaurant like that.

But I would like to have a pair of boobs like that girl... ;-)

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger titi said...

lill, most people believe that in Sweden this would be welcomed. I am glad to see diferent. I am still laughing at your comment about the 'boobs' I thought this was a side effect of having a baby!! ;-)The sister-in-law Liany

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found your blog by googling around randomly, and I can tell you what the T-Shirt says, although you probably already know.

It's written in Asturian language (not an Spanish dialect, but a language spoken in Asturias, northern Spain. Castillian, or Spanish language, come from old Asturian dialects: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asturian_language).

It says: "I speak the same way my grandfather did" or "I speak the same language that my grandfather did", meaning that you're proud of being part of the asturian-speaking population or of your Asturian heritage. It's not a political motto, but an emotional one. ;-)

 
At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wellspring, this is for you in case you are checking up on this Blog. Thanks for your comment and translation. I already knew that it was bable asturiano plus I knew what it translated to; however, thanks again for your translation. My granfather was Asturian, but unfortuantely I never did have the opportunity to learn Bable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home